Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sorting scraps

I have 3 laundry baskets full of scraps of all sizes. Today is the day to get serious & get organized because my scrap heap isn't getting any smaller...

Before (boxes labeled by color):







During:






After:
















I still have 1/2 laundry basket of very small pieces. Might just sew those together improvisationally.

We will see. For now, I'm going to focus on purples & cut them into strips. I want to make a couple stripped pieced quilts. Am toying with the idea of making 15" blocks using one color per block. Could be really colorful, don't you think?

I was pretty surprised to realize that I had a lot of purple and green.  By far, the color I have the most of is blue (my favorite color) and pink is a close second.  I'm pretty rich with yellow and the orange pile was not too shabby, either.  Guess I should get busy making some scrappy quilts.

Don't worry, I still have a big stash. :)

No comments: