Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting That Itch Again

4 inches of snow and it's still coming down in BIG flakes... Might end up with 8 inches by tomorrow morning.  I love it.  Took the boys out to play a couple times this morning.  They were shocked at how wet and cold snow actually is!  Now they're down for naps (but not necessarily asleep)...

It's been a week or more since I ventured up to the attic to sew.  Hubs is gone for a couple days...  Letting the housework fall to the wayside til tomorrow or Wednesday.  Sounds prudent, right?

Much to do in the sewing room!

I have two blocks made for Jessica for the KC Scrappy Bee, but they're not super thrilling and one needs more embroidery before I can give it to her.  She's requested Christmas blocks.  Much of what she loves is paper pieced.  Not my forte. :(  And before Christmas, I was sewing up a storm making gifts... Then I got kinda Christmas'd out.  KCMQG is this Thursday and my blocks are due (technically, I only have to make one block, but I like to make more.  Jessica gave me the most fantabulous block when it was my turn.  Must return the favor)...

And I got my fabric packet in the mail for the new bee I'm joining.  It's the Lovely Linen Bee and this month, Jodi is requesting butterfly blocks.  Fine with me because that's one of my very favorites.  I've been making a LOT of these blocks lately... Two baby quilts and a table runner...

And I noticed today that the second challenge for the Modern Quilt Guild is up on their website.  Monocromatic Challenge.  Hmm...  Would like to do this one...  Will see...

Plus I must finish piecing / basting / quilting / binding my cousin's butterfly baby quilt.

And I am a little behind on my KCMQG Kaufman solids challenge.  A little wishy washy on exactly what I want to do...  I've started but need to fully commit to my idea and finish it up.

Enough typing!  Time for action!  Will post pictures soon.

No comments: