Monday, January 03, 2011

Asian fans wip


Asian fans wip, originally uploaded by nkiblueeyes.
So I've been trying to decide what fabrics/colors to use for the background in this quilt.

At first, I wanted to use black.

Now I'm thinking it over more carefully.

After much advice, I'm leaning towards going with what Cherri House suggested. A golden colored fabric... And my friend, Jo Anna suggested navy. Maybe a touch of navy in the handles of the fans and then a nice and rich golden fabric for the backgrounds. What do you think?

Am very excited about this quilt. Not completely sure how I will lay it out yet.

One of my plans for the new year is to finish more wip's... Especially ones that are for me! I'm happy to say that this quilt is going to be for yours truly. :)

***

Update...  I have some hand dyed indigo fabric from Japan.  I'm thinking I'll wash it up and use it for the handles of the fans.  I can fussy cut it and save some $ by not having to buy it....  But I will have to shop for the perfect gold.  Nothing like that in my stash.

No comments: