Sunday, January 02, 2011

Kauffman Solid Challenge for KCMQG

December was a great month to attend the KCMQG meeting.  Not only did we have a tasty cookie exchange, there were door prizes (I won a glue stick) and everyone left with a FREE charm pack that was donated by Kauffman.  We are all going to make something quilted that incorporates all of the fabrics in one of these charm packs.  We can add additional fabrics, but they have to be solids (not prints).  

I knew almost immediately what I wanted to try.  I have all of my charm squares prepped for action, but I need a little time in my sewing room to go through my stash of scraps to weed out the solids and incorporate them into my plan.

I'm going to try something I've ALWAYS wanted to do.  No more hints, but it's something I've never done before.  Will have to watch a few tutorials online to get the method down, but I couldn't be more excited to get started.




We could choose from a few different bundles but I chose the Classic color, shown below.  I have until the March meeting to finish up my project.  I think that's doable.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

HadleyStreetQuilts said...

Dear Nikki - I came to your blog today to see what you were up to on this challenge. Not giving many hints!!! I am almost done with the piecing. I have a few things I have to finish up before I can get back to the challenge; but it should be done soon. I can hardly wait to see what everyone does!

HadleyStreetQuilts said...

Ok, that's annoying. I'm not sure why my comment is tags with my son's name and not mine! I'll have to investigate.

Unknown said...

I'm keeping this one quiet. Will show it in March!

I'll give you a hint. It's not a quilt but it's quilted.