Sunday, May 15, 2011

Organizing myself to be ready to make x blocks with my scraps

I know I have talked about trying to finish up my UFOs, but I couldn't resist the idea of making one of those X Block quilts like Carla and Jackie are making in my sewing bees.

I spent a little bit of time this weekend with some of my scraps. I chopped them into various widths of 3.5 or larger scraps. I also cut some phone book pages up into the correct size (3.5 x 10.5 if memory serves) so that I can foundation piece them in my spare time. I'll keep this next to my sewing machine and hopefully this quilt will come together in the next few months. I am committed to using only the fabric in my stash for the top of this quilt. I'll likely buy fabric for the backing and binding, but I'm trying really hard to use what I've got. This pattern really lends itself to scrappiness.

No comments: