Sunday, May 02, 2010

So Very Busy

Saturday, I worked during the morning with my Blue Valley Quilters' Guild working on Quilts of Valor and the afternoon with my Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild friends.

In between those two sewing events, I stopped by a 3 year old's birthday party and had some lunch and cake.  Played with my boys and their buddies and left all the rest of the parenting that day to my husband.  :)

Here's what I worked on at the KCMQG sewing day....

Ticker Tape Baby Quilt
Making this for my cousin in Mississippi's new baby.  He was born the day after the tornados that hit Yazoo City.  Their house is now uninhabitable.  They were luckily at her mom's house when the storms hit.  I will hopefully finish it up in the next week and send it to "Little Mike"...


I also put this block together.  It's from the color class I took last week.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I think I'd like to make something with it to hang in my bedroom... maybe above the bed...


We were also given some fabric (the center square) to use to make a quilt block for a friend's daughter.  She is going to have to have some pretty major surgery, so we're going to make her a quilt.



Today I had some time to work, as well.  I am getting ready to do a presentation at Blue Valley Quilters' Guild on Liberated Quilting.  I made some blocks from Gwen Marston's new Liberated Quiltmaking II book.  Was fun to play around with new approaches...

Flying Geese...

No comments: