Thursday, May 06, 2010

All Play and No Work

So lately when I've had some time (kids sleeping), I've either napped or lamented on how frustrating housework gets when you are behind...

I played too much last weekend.  Mounds of laundry.  My sewing room never quite got organized and now it's a disaster again.  I have sewing things on 3 levels of my house and it's all supposed to be up in the attic...

I didn't drink any coffee today and the bed is screaming for me to just curl up and get 40 winks...

Should I?

Or should I be the responsible parent and try to catch up on this laundry (and run a load of dishes and sweep and mop the kitchen... and vac the living room... or maybe I should just start off by having a brownie and some coffee and see if the spirit moves me...

I'd much rather just quilt.

Yesterday, I went to Quilter's Haven (my closest store- one of my favorites, too) and found 3 fat quarters to help me finish my block for June's KC Scrappy Bee.  Yes, I know... I'm way ahead.  What I'm working on isn't due until mid July and I'm the one that it's due to (it's for my month of the virtual quilting bee) but I am so very excited about it and I couldn't wait to begin it!

Want to see what it looks like so far?  I don't have a picture of the fabric I just bought, but if memory serves, it's a blue striped fabric, a purple fabric and a pink one...

Well upon searching, it seems I haven't taken a picture of my progress on it just yet... So stay tuned.  Maybe in the next day or so I'll get it finished and snap a picture for all the world to see...

But for now, my freshly brewed pot of Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla coffee is calling my name... just a little louder than my pillow is...

See ya, friends!
Nikki

*** time passes...

Update:  4 cups of coffee later and I am jazzed.  I got 3 load of laundry folded and some of it put away... 2 more loads in the washer/dryer and only 3 more dirty piles to go!  Yes!  Also, I worked for about 45 minutes calling people to try to get a firm head count for my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary party (yes, 50 years.  Imagine!) and I had a brownie and some pizza.  Caffeine always makes me WIRED.  So I'd better keep at it...  Maybe my house will be recognizable by suppertime...

No comments: