Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jumping on the Bandwagon

So Carla and Lauren have gotten me interested in this whole vintage sheet thing...  Apparently, everyone's doing it.  They're participating in a fat quarter exchange of vintage sheets!  Brilliant.  But unfortunately, I missed the deadline...

However, it's probably for the best because before this afternoon, I owned nothing in the way of vintage sheets...

But this afternoon, I went to Savers and walked out 10 minutes later with $45 worth of vintage flat sheets and pillowcases.  Pillowcases were a buck a piece.  Sheets were around $4 or $5 each.

Gotta get those tags off of them and wash them up!  Then chop them up!

Unfortunately, the laundry fairy hasn't been here in several days... Had to put the kiddos in their least favorite pairs of jammies tonight because of it... and I'm starting to run out of clothes, too...  So priority must be washing clothes until I catch up (about 5 loads worth!  geez!) and then I'll be more free to work on my new collection.

I am thinking I'll go ahead and chop them all up into fat quarters.  Then I'll keep a couple of each print in one pile for me... And I'll start up a new collection to save up for the next time they do a vintage sheet exchange...

Most of what I found (sorry I haven't taken a picture yet) were florals with white backgrounds.  Would like to find more with blue backgrounds (my favorite color) and maybe other color backgrounds, as well.  But today I bought all they had.  Need to go to Goodwill (there are two stores nearby) and the other Savers in Leawood...  But probably won't get to it until early June.  I think I'll shop for some in Little Rock when I go visit some family in a couple of weeks.  I also intend to raid my mother-in-law's linen closet and my grandmother's as well...

Will try to post some pictures for you tomorrow afternoon when they're all freshly washed... :)

No comments: