Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Quilting

It's nap time.  Just having a little quiet time with a hershey's bar, a big glass of milk (which I almost spilled ON my laptop just now!!! Crisis barely averted) and some nice music...

About to go upstairs and work on finishing putting this Quilt of Valor together:


Some friends started it at our last QOV sewing day, but got a little hung up and then we ran out of time, so it's been sitting on the banister in my attic, patiently waiting to be finished...  

Hopefully, it won't take me too long to get it ready for a quilter.   It should be wrapped around a veteran instead of sitting and waiting for attention from me... 

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm not familiar with QOV - can you elaborate? (It looks great, btw!)

Unknown said...

Sorry! Quilts of Valor. You can find more info at qov.org I think.

Quilts of Valor is a program that facilitates making quilts for wounded soldiers and veterans. They help match quilt top makers with longarmers and then they help find destinations for the quilts. Such a great cause!