Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Vintage Sheets

So today I snuck out for a quick trip to Goodwill.  Wanted to look for more vintage sheets and pillowcases.

Score!

Found 4 pillowcases, 2 flat sheets and a vinyl tablecloth that I can use for the kids to play on...

I really love the pillowcases.  Got a couple of STRIPES!  Haven't found stripes before...

Realized that Goodwill is about 1/2 the price of Savers, but they're very unorganized.  Things there seemed (maybe it was in my mind) to be dirtier... And they had a fraction of the selection.

I spent less than $8 toady on my new collection.  Not too shabby...

Busy weekend around here, but I am itching to go to 3 more thrift stores that aren't far away...  But I must wait until at least Sunday or Monday.  Family from out of town will arrive tomorrow...  Big anniversary party for the in-laws... Much to do, much to do...

One other idea on the vintage sheet front:  I joined Freecycling.  It's an online place to give stuff away and to get stuff for free.  The idea is to keep things out of the landfill.

I put out a request for sheets!  We'll see if I get anything from it...

No comments: