Sunday, August 14, 2011

Modern Block of the Month

I've had this bundle of Purple People Eater Kona fabric for a couple months now.  Have been trying to decide what the best use of it might be.  You see, my husband went to Kansas State University and they all bleed purple.  I figured I couldn't go wrong in buying a bundle of purple fabrics...  





After a little consideration, I decided to join in with the Modern BOM (Block of the Month).  Here's July's block:

I had to use my seam ripper THREE times on this.  It's late and I'm tired.  I'll use that as my excuse...  August's block should be up on the site anytime now, so hopefully I can find a little more time to sew this week.

My 3 year old starts preschool this week and next week, my 4 year old starts, too.  One goes in the morning and the other goes at night.  Things will be different around here, that's for sure.  I'm going to have to start going to bed in a timely fashion.  That might mean less sewing.  *sigh*  We shall see.  It's almost 11 pm now, so I'd better hit the sack.  I'll be quilting in my sleep, I think!

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Your block looks great! I have my fabrics selected, just need to cut 'em out and sew it up. I'll be extra careful to avoid use of my seam ripper!

Sharon said...

Every Man A Wildcat! Have fun with the purple quilt. The first block looks terrific!

craftytammie said...

i have a lot of those kstate people in my life :)