Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Hideaway

Prepare to be green with envy...

I was all excited for the KCMQG retreat that we had planned for November.  I saved all of my pennies & had enough put aside for it.  Thought November couldn't get here soon enough because I REALLY need some me time... And then our retreat got postponed & moved to a hotel in the spring.  A hotel isn't quite what I had in mind when I envisioned a retreat. Maybe in the spring it will sound fabulous, but right now, I feel a HUGE need to get away to a scenic & quiet place.  Needing time for renewal.  Time for quilting.  Time for me.

So...

I am taking two days and two nights THIS WEEKEND to get away to the cabin pictured above and I will quilt to my heart's delight.

Will be getting some Arthur Bryant's bbq, lots of chocolate and a couple bottles of wine along with some of my other favorite comfort food.

Will be bringing comfy quilts to snuggle in.

Will be catching up on my favorite podcasts & listening to music from back in the day.

Might stay up late and sleep in.  Might not sleep.

Will be bringing my sewing machine, design wall, my big ironing board, big cutting mat, a partial roll of batting, a bunch of sandwiched quilts and WIPs.

No boys allowed.

In my pj's.

All weekend.

And the cell phone reception there isn't good.  Isn't that great!?!

Jealous???

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

Sounds awesome Nikki :) Have fun!

Jennifer said...

Positively green, I am.

moshie said...

way jealous! have fun!!!

Lauren said...

Oh so very jealous....

Sharon said...

Good for you! It will be awesome.

Mary Anne said...

Wow...you know how to treat yourself!

And yes...I am. Jealous.

Paula said...

Sounds like heaven !