Monday, December 13, 2010

Time

This afternoon, I decided that instead of putting the boys to bed right after lunch, I'd turn on the baby monitors and let them play together... running back and forth between their bedrooms.

And I took some time to head upstairs and tidy up my sewing room!  The chaos is causing me to be less productive, if I'm completely honest with myself.  I must get rid of some things *gasp* and organize the rest, pronto.

But I digress...  I was cleaning and listening to the baby monitors (my sewing room is just around the corner and up the stairs above their rooms) and I realized they were really, really quiet.

So I crept downstairs and peeked through the crack in the closet door...




They were playing quite nicely together.  Quietly.  Bliss.

*Please kindly ignore that they're both still in their pajamas at 2 pm.  That's the way we roll.*

My sewing room is still chaotic, but the area around my machine that holds my spools of thread, bobbins, accessories to my machine, etc. is quite tidy.  Even dusted!  I also found the biggest plastic tub I own and shoved as many of my scraps inside as possible.  I still had a large laundry basket and a couple small bags besides that of scraps.  I shoved it all under a table.  Out of sight, out of mind!

Now I need to get busy.  I have 2 projects on my design wall that I'd like to get pieced pronto.  One is my cousin's butterfly quilt.  It's about 3/8ths of the way pieced, although all of the blocks are finished.

My other project is a little more rushed.  It's the wall hanging for my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary.  Remember?  The one where everyone signed blocks?

Truth be told, I lost one block (the one my brother-in-law signed) in my sewing room somewhere.  I am thinking that I'll find it soon if I keep cleaning... Right?

Enough talk.  Time for action.  Might post pictures if I really make some progress... Stay tuned!

And drop me a comment.  Sometimes I think I'm talking to myself.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I feel your pain, Nikki.

My sewing room is having to be turned into a guest room for two weeks over Christmas. I have so many things on the go right now and my brother, thinking he was helping, tidied up for me. GASP!! I had bee blocks in progress, a quilt in progress now all 'put away' in Rubbermaid bins. I could cry. It will probably be easier to just redo the bee blocks...lol


Linda

ps This is my first visit to your blog...I'll be back, if only so you are not talking to yourself :-)

Anonymous said...

They look so precious! I just love it when my children play nicely together! =)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies!

Poor Linda! I hope you can get everything back in order.

AMK- Thanks for leaving so many comments. If nobody else reads, at least I feel like someone is. :)