Monday, September 20, 2010

Recent Activity

I've been busy.  I just don't have any pictures to prove it.

Dropped WAY too much $ at Sarah's this weekend.  Bought fabric for my Christmas Swap on Flickr and for a couple of butterfly baby quilts I'm making.  I went to Harper's Sunday and bought backing for Katie's quilt (my Modern Quilt Guild Challenge Entry).  I also sewed for 3 hours at Harper's and then another couple hours last night.  Made SERIOUS progress on one butterfly quilt and I'm pretty happy with the way it's shaping up.  It'll have 56 different butterflies.  They're all pink.  Very girly.  Can't wait to see it all together.

I've also been working on a couple batik quilts.  One is going to be a big picnic quilt.  I made a picnic quilt like this before, but I've decided that both of my kids need their own, so I'm sewing together charm squares.  Also, I have some half square triangles that I'm sewing together to make another baby quilt.  Everyone's having babies...  But not me!

I signed up for an I Spy swap today.  Sending in 20 four inch squares of ten different fabrics.  I thought I might make an I Spy quilt someday.  Why not?  :D

I used my stash and found eight fabrics to cut up.  I have to go buy two more fat quarters.  Might run do that today.

I also need to buy some batik for an upcoming exchange at the Blue Valley Quilters' Guild.  Dark blue, I think.  Will have to wash it before I chop it up because batiks bleed so much.  I almost never pre-wash, but I try to make an exception with batiks.

I'll try to post some pictures of my quilting soon.  Until then, here are some pictures of the two items I received from the Urban Home Goods Swap on Flickr!  A pincushion and thread catcher and a wall hanging for my bathroom!  Sorry for the picture quality!  They're so fun!



1 comment:

craftytammie said...

love that wall hanging!