Sunday, September 26, 2010

On Holiday

I love the way the Brits always say that they're on holiday.  That's where I am.

I've gone back to the town where I grew up.  Spending time with my family.  I've been homesick lately, so it's good to be back.  My Memaw greeted me with fried deer steak, fried squash and fried okra.  MMMMmmmm....  I rarely fry at home.  I've had fried food for every meal here.  I even fried my egg both mornings in bacon grease.   Delish.

And I've been sewing!  I brought WAY more projects with me than I'll finish, but I've made serious progress on my second butterfly quilt.  I also worked some on my Christmas hexagons.  I have a little somethin, somethin in mind for an upcoming swap or two.  Needing to whip out some hexies on this trip.

Tomorrow morning, I am going to lend some moral support to a longtime friend.  I am not going into details online, but it will involve sitting in a courthouse for a couple of hours, so I'll bring my cheerful hexagons with me to pass the time more quickly.  Hopefully, being there will be a comfort to her.  It's the sort of situation where there's not much I can do to help, so I'm glad that I can be there for her during this really difficult time in her life.

Anyways, I have been busy sewing.  Tuesday, I'll be driving to Houston to visit my mom and sisters.  I should say, my two toddlers and I will be driving to Houston.  NOT my favorite thing to do... but I'm missing everyone.  My hubby starts a new job tomorrow where he will be gone most of the week, every week, so I'm in no hurry to get home and face that music yet.

Just going to spend time enjoying my family and friends... and doing some sewing when I can.

I've been sitting in the living room listening to the baby monitors for the past 35 minutes and I think I might actually have two sleeping babies at this point, so I'm going to head to bed.  Night, everyone.  I'll try to post some pictures sometime soon...

No comments: