Wednesday, July 14, 2010

UFO Time

Right before Owen was born (a little over 2 years ago), Patrick and I went on a little babymoon to Excelsior Springs, MO to get away for a couple of days and relax before baby #2 arrived.  We left Wyatt with his grandparents and had some nice quality time relaxing.

While we were there, we stopped in their local quilt shop and Patrick picked out fabric to make a quilt for the boys.  My original thought would be that we'd put it in our basement in the "media room" but that room doesn't exist yet.  It's there, but it is more of a catch all room at the moment.

So my new thought is that it would look nice in the living room.  I haven't touched it in at least 1 1/2 years. The fabric is REALLY nice and it's crazy how soft it is.  Texture is a big deal to me.  I've been cranking up the air conditioner because it's so hot outside, but when you sit on my couch, you get very cold.  Too many vents in that part of the room.  This quilt will be the solution to my problem!

I got it out yesterday and I worked for about 4 hours total on it.  Here's where I was before I started...





Hopefully tonight I can squeeze some quilting time in and afterwards I'll show you how far I've gotten.



1 comment:

Thea said...

It looks great. You've inspired me to get back to work on some of my own UFOs.