Thursday, July 01, 2010

Downy Charity Top


Downy charity top
Originally uploaded by nkiblueeyes
Got this top together tonight. It's for the Quilts for Kids program that Downy sponsors. I'll need to get some batting together and quilt it. This will be a quilting experiment, as I have a new darning foot for my machine to learn to use. I used it once to try to quilt a very small wall hanging and was so disappointed in the tension of the bobbin. I'll have to really work with it on some scraps (sandwiched) to get it right before I can dive in.

I'd like to quilt 3 or 4 baby quilts & small throws in a row. I'm trying to finish up some tops that I've been piecing so that I can get serious about quilting. Admittedly, quilting is not something I particularly enjoy. This is probably because I haven't done it much and I'm not very good about it. Someday I'll probably get a longarm quilting machine, but the funds aren't available right now. I have room in my attic if I get rid of the daybed that is up there. But for now, I will be quilting on my Singer. At least I bought the model that says, "Confidence Quilter". Ha!

No comments: