Saturday, July 31, 2010

Christmas Gifts

Hey, everybody.  I know it's just July, but it's almost August.  And I need to start thinking pretty seriously about Christmas time.

I like to make stuff for the people in my life.  I have a lot of family.  Mom, step-dad, Dad, step mom, mother-in-law, father-in-law, 2 sisters and their spouses, my husband's brother and his wife, 2 nephews, 4 nieces, an aunt, uncle, cousin and her hubby that I (usually) make gifts for, along with my sweet husband (he's harder to make stuff for because there's nothing he needs) and my two sugar booger sons, Wyatt and Owen.

Usually, I have something in mind and have started by now.

This year:  Not so much.  I do like some ornaments I saw on Flickr (not going to link to them because my people may read this and it'd spoil the surprise)...  And I got vintage sheet FQ's to make quilts out of, but that's not going so quickly...  Might need to step up efforts...

But I don't really know quite what I want to make just yet.

What will I make?

Potholders?  Probably so.
Ornaments?  Mmhmm.

What would the guys want/need???

Fabric covered moleskins?  I think my hubby would prefer his plain.

Iphone cases?  I think everyone just keeps em in their pockets or in holsters...

Scarves?  Most of my family lives in the south.  The rest of them either know how to knit their own scarves or they have a bunch already or they are usually hot, even in the dead of winter.  Same goes for hats...

So...  I'm stumped.  Any ideas???

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is something I've been thinking about making for myself, and maybe the mother-in-law

http://www.soyouthinkyourecrafty.com/1999/03/mod-podge-hand-tree_14/

I'm trying to think of stuff to make and get it all planned out, too. I have a couple people figured out, but that's about it

Unknown said...

Over on the noodlehead blog, there are some neat clutch purses that they have kindly provided a tutorial for. I tried making one and made some mistakes... but I'm going to try again!

Am also making the doll quilts and maybe some baby dolls to go with them for my nieces/nephews... We'll see how that goes.

As for the men: I dunno what to make them. Maybe shaving kits???