Sunday, June 20, 2010

St. Lukes NICU Charity Quilt

I found out yesterday that some friends of ours are divorcing.  It's our first set of friends that have gone through this (since we have been together).  I'm really bummed out about it.  It's been on my mind a lot.  I needed a distraction to perk me up tonight...

Vicki is my friend in the KCMQG and she's inspired us all to work on a new charity quilt project.  We're making a bunch of fun quilts for the NICU at St. Luke's Hospital.  It's where her daughter was born and it holds a special place in her heart.

Sounds like a great idea to me.  I have been busy.  Here's what I was up to tonight:



***** Update*****

Had a rough night of sleeping last night.  I've got this awful cold plus I couldn't stop thinking about the dinos.

So I stole some time today and even more time tonight and I finished the blocks!  I still have to sew them together, but look!



I'm really pleased with them.  Now if I can just go to sleep... 

No comments: