Monday, June 14, 2010

Shopping in Little Rock

So I'm visiting family in Little Rock this week with my boys.  I'm heading over to Saver's this afternoon to check for new vintage sheets....  Can hardly wait to see what I can find...

Shopping for my addiction is about to change, though.  Since I've sent off my fat quarters for the exchange (80 for me, 80 for my friend!), I've become a little more picky.  Instead of buying every one I find, I've started buying only the ones that are more special to me.  These tend to be stripes, geometric prints and florals that have less white background and more colors...

So I'm buying less of this:

and more like this:


I have a weakness for pillowcases because they're really pretty cheap...

I'm also looking for favorite prints that I can use as backings or strips for borders...



There's a quilt shop not too far from here that I haven't visited, but I think instead of going there, I'll swing by Hancock's and get some Kona solids.  I have almost none.  I really like Moda solids better.  They feel softer, but they aren't as available locally in KC.

After some shopping, I'm off to meet family for Greek food.  Opa!

No comments: