Monday, June 13, 2011

Wonky Log Cabin

Via Flickr:
I finished my wonky log cabin quilt tonight!!! I'll be keeping this one for myself. I think I'll quilt it myself, too! Brave, eh?

It's made of vintage sheets and a couple of feed sacks. Very soft. These blocks are 14 1/2 inches, so this quilt is a biggie.

I think I'll make it a priority to get my kitchen floor mopped tomorrow so that I can spread this out and get it basted.

Should I piece the backing? What do you guys suggest I use to bind it? What color? I will have to cut into a flat sheet to have enough fabric. Most of my stash is chopped up fat quarters.

I have one other vintage sheet quilt top that's this size. It is orange and yellow 12 inch squares.

Nice to mark off some tops from my list. Will have to start getting serious about quilting some of these (many) tops that are neatly folded and waiting for my attention...

No comments: