Friday, June 24, 2011

New stash


New stash., originally uploaded by nkiblueeyes.
Here's my newest addition to my stash. Something I've been REALLY looking forward to! It's Lizzy House's new line of Castle Peeps. I'm missing a couple fat quarters that were on backorder, but they should arrive soon.

I fell in love with her previous line of Castle Peeps, but a lack of funds and solid plans on what I would do with the fabric prevented me from purchasing many of the prints at the time. I bought 5 or 6 prints in a variety of colors and instead of buying fat quarters, I splurged and bought 1/2 yards.

You see, castles are my thing. I made my hubby promise to build me a castle someday before I'd marry him. He promised and I'm going to hold him to it. :)

So how could I not make the investment in this fabric?!? It's destiny, I tell you.

I'm thinking I've found the pattern I'm going to use for these. Will see if I can't post a link later today. My friend Jeni made a Sherbet Pips quilt with 16 inch 16 patches and 16 inch solid squares. I like the way it would show off the larger scale prints, yet still have the patchwork feel.

*** HERE is the link to Jeni's quilt***

I've not had much time in my sewing room this week. I'm feeling it, too. Hubby has been in Texas all week and the kids haven't been taking many naps. I'm tired by the end of the day, so I've been sleeping instead.

But hopefully I can get some time this weekend to myself and next week, hubs will be home nights, so that's a major improvement! :)

So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Do you know that Bec at Chasing Cottons has a castle quilt pattern? You should check it out!
http://chasingcottons.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Unknown said...

That is very pretty. I've seen it before, but had forgotten about it.

Decisions, decisions!

Thanks for sharing!