Thursday, March 01, 2012

WIP Completed

Once upon a time (at least 6 years ago), I went shopping in Derby, KS and found this beautiful collection of 3 Sisters Moda fabric.  Always a sucker for Moda, I bought a bundle of fq's and decided I'd make a quilt of flying geese.  Imagine.  A really big flying geese quilt.

Well... I chopped it all up (mistake) and made a bunch of flying geese.  Even sewed some together.

And it sat.  In a heap.  And when I looked at it, I felt guilt.  I knew it would never be finished...

So instead of perpetuating that guilt, I decided to re-purpose my project.

My Memaw recently asked me if I could make something to cover a little rolling island in her kitchen.  This fabric is JUST her style.  In a few hours, I had this baby pieced, sandwiched, quilted and bound!

 (forgive the bad hair/no makeup...)



I have fabric left over, but I still feel like I've accomplished something and plan to mark this off my to do list. :)

No comments: