Friday, April 29, 2011

Time for a change


Time for a change, originally uploaded by nkiblueeyes.

I'll be honest. Most days, I look about like this. No make-up. No fuss. Cozy clothes.

I stay at home with my 3 and 4 year old. My days aren't exciting, really. I don't go anywhere most days, so I tell myself that there's no reason to make a fuss over the way I look. That comfort is most important.

But the honest truth is that I'm really tired of feeling "un-done". Tired of dressing like a slob. Tired of my hair bothering me, in my face, on my neck... Tired of the automatic pony tail each day.

Time for action! Tomorrow morning, I'm getting my hair CUT. Seriously. Maybe with a new cut, I'll find the motivation to wake up before the kids... to fix it, to put on some make-up... Not for everyone else, but for me. Time to stop overlooking me.

3 comments:

Skooks said...

I'm with you, girl. Can't wait to see the new look. :)

Caitlin said...

I'll be seeing you tomorrow...!

BirdandBicycle said...

Oh my gosh I know how you feel! I am pregnant with my first, and wearing tennis shoes and stretch jeans every day. I am craving heels, a skirt, makeup and earrings. It's so hard some days!

I love the new haircut, and hope you are enjoying it too.

I made a resolution last night to go buy a new pair of shoes that are comfy, supportive, and not athletic looking. We should look good - for ourselves. =)