Sunday, April 17, 2011

I promise I've been quilting

I just haven't been blogging. Here's a wonky house that I made for Parthena this morning.

Last weekend, we had a big birthday party for Wyatt, my mom and step-dad came to visit from Houston and they helped me move my old kitchen table up two flights of stairs to my sewing room. I'm planning on ONLY putting my sewing machine on it. This will give me a LOT of surface area for quilting.

I'm a little swamped in the "sewing for others" category right now. I have a vintage sheet block cut out that needs to be assembled. It has a fair amount of pieces, though, so I need to concentrate when I get started. I also would like to make another house or two for Parthena.

I am putting together a red strip pieced silk necktie quilt for an ailing friend. It's a UFO of hers, but it needs to be finished. I know if she has it to love on, she will get well more quickly. I have until June to finish it. It's laid out and ready to go, but I want to use red thread, so I will probably sit down and piece all the blocks together at once while my machine is threaded with the red.

I am expecting fabric to make a bee block for someone in my linen bee. I'm needing more yellows, though. Must shop.

And my sewing room is a wreck. Half of it is, anyways. Maybe I'll be brave and take a picture tonight.

The hubs is leaving town tomorrow for work, as usual. I'm feeling like I had no time to myself today. *sigh*

I'm organizing our next round of the KC Scrappy Bee. It will start again in June. Several members have decided they're not re-joining, so I'm working on finding some replacements. Choosing carefully.

At this moment, I'm doing some embroidery to make a pouch for the "pretty little pouch swap" on Flickr. I haven't made this type of bag before, so I'm a little nervous about it... We shall see how it turns out. Stay tuned.

No comments: