Monday, April 18, 2011

Progress

Yesterday, I took some time for myself and played in the sewing room.  I caught up on all of my bees.  I wasn't really behind, but that vintage sheet block needs to get to its' owner by the end of April.  Parthena's house blocks weren't a rush job (she just handed packets with fabric and directions out on Thursday last week), but they're fun to make and she's my good friend, so I want to make extra blocks for her. :)

I also started sewing together a strip pieced necktie quilt.  All of the neckties are red silk.  It's not for me.  The blocks belong to a friend of mine who is sick.  I kidnapped these blocks from her house when I visited Little Rock last and told her she could have them back in June.  My goal is to have the quilt completed by then.  I know it will mean a lot to her that I finished it for her.

Will post pictures soon.  I don't think it will take me long to get the top pieced.  Will have to do some thinking and figuring before I'm brave enough to cut into the special silk she bought in Cairo, Egypt to become the border.  I don't want to mess it up...

But for now, I am going to take a nap.  Took the boys out for a couple of adventures this morning and I'm pretty tired this afternoon.

No comments: