Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sewing at Bon Bon

Today, a handfull of members from the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild (KCMQG) met at Bon Bon Atilier  to do some hand sewing.  I worked on some hexagons.  Going to make a potholder for my step mother.  They're 3/4 inch hexies, so it's going to take quite a few to make it big enough.  I'm not too far from having it ready to sandwich...

I also cut out some fabric hearts with pinking shears to use on some invitations for a baby shower my sister and I are giving my cousin.

Lastly, I cut out some more wedges from my vintage sheet collection.  Going to make another couple Dresden plates to use for pillow covers for my grandmother.  I made two Dresden plates last week, but they're for a bee that I'm in.

Tomorrow if I can carve out some time, I have to do some housework and I'd like to work on my spider web kits.  My linen bee will be making spider web blocks for me.  I'm using some essex linen for the kite portion and strips from my scraps for the webs.  Can hardly wait to get started on it!

No comments: