Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Future picnic quilts


Future picnic quilts, originally uploaded by nkiblueeyes.

I'm always signing up for charm square exchanges. Especially batik ones. I'm trying to use up my stash of batik charm squares by making picnic quilts. I have one that's really big and ready to bind. Need to remember to buy some fabric for the binding...

Since I have two sons, I decided it'd be a good idea to make two of these quilts, so I started sewing squares into rows.

I'm realizing as I lay these out that I probably have enough to make a smaller third quilt. Not sure what I'll do with it, but since I am on a roll, I'm just going to keep on sewing squares into strips and see how much I have when they're all sewn together.

I am not much of a planner when I sew... I fly by the seat of my pants most of the time.

No comments: