Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Newest Project

I scored this Terrain jelly roll from Pink Castle Fabrics on Etsy.  This fabric isn't available until September, so I thought I'd better hurry up and get busy making something with it.

I was showing my bundle to my buddy, Mary Anne & she suggested I pair it up with some Moda cross weaves that I recently bought.  What a fabulous idea.  Both types of fabric are luxuriously soft & I thought this pattern would make the most of both my jelly roll and my cross weave fat quarters.

Square in a square pattern:  I've cut each cross weave into 8.5 inch squares (two per color).  From my jelly roll strips, I cut two 8.5 inch pieces and two 12.5 inch pieces.  My plan is to quilt this myself.  First, I'll outline everything in the ditch.  Then I'll go crazy with some free motion in the solid areas & make it a sampler type of quilting with a different design in each block.  I got this idea from Vickie.  I need to do 1000 other things tonight, but all I really want to do is sew.

My husband hasn't been traveling much for work lately, which has been very nice... but tomorrow he heads to New Jersey.  I am planning on early bedtimes for my kids, sips of reisling and moscato wine in the attic and the steady hum of my sewing machine.


My Newest Project, originally uploaded by nkiblueeyes.
I have about 6 or 7 more colors to cut into. These fabrics are so rich & soft. I cannot wait to curl up in this quilt. Am thinking of finishing it for myself before Christmas... Last year I made myself a Christmas quilt. Why not make it a tradition?

No comments: