Monday, April 26, 2010

Color Class

Last Saturday, my good friend, Parthena treated me to a quilting class.  Some ME time....  And I pounced on the opportunity to go.  Prairie Point Quilt Shop is where the class was and I had such a great time.  The teacher had all of these pre-cut 2 1/2 inch squares and we delighted in designing these blocks...  Which are your favorites?

I like the yellow one and the last one with reds/oranges/yellows/green....

So much fun.  I put the yellow one together, basted it and quilted it on my machine with my new darning foot.  That's a great name for this particular foot because I was saying, "Darn!" a lot...  My tension on my bobbin must be screwed up or something because I did an awful lot of "unsewing"...  

But I stitched the binding on with a machine and I just need to tack it down by hand.  I'll have myself a new little wall hanging for my bathroom in no time, thank you very much!

And by the way, Parthena, if you're reading this, I appreciate your friendship more than you know and I've missed you since you've been out of town.  Come home soon!

No comments: