Friday, April 23, 2010

Jayden's Quilt

My sister, Laura has 4 daughters and lives in Houston.  Olivia is 7, Cameron is 5, Natalie is 3 1/2 and Marley just turned 1.

That's a picture of the girls with  my boys during Easter weekend.

Since then, they've opened their home up to a little boy named Jayden.  He is 2 1/2 years old and they will be fostering him for an indefinite amount of time.  They would like to eventually adopt him, but it's too soon to know how that will work out...

So I've made him a quilt.  Here is the top:


I pieced the back and it turns out, I like it more than the front.  I haven't had a chance to snap a picture of the back just yet...  

I'm going to have to find some safety pins and get serious about quilting it.  Not using batting.  It's hot in Houston.  Going to use my new darning foot.  Maybe some free motion circles or something...  We shall see...


No comments: