Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Blue Valley's One Day Retreat

Sometimes, the creative juices are REALLY flowing, yet I can't make time to sew.  I stay at home with my 3 and 4 year old sons and they attend preschool (not at the same time, alas) but I still find myself doing everything but sewing each day.

This past summer, I decided we needed to have a day in the country to do nothing but eat, visit and most importantly, SEW.  My good friend, Barb listened to my idea and thought it sounded great.  We belong to the Blue Valley Quilters Guild.  Her church is a beautiful and historic Catholic church just a little ways out of the city.  They have this huge room that we were able to use & about 40 of us took advantage of this opportunity to get away and sew.  We had lunch and supper catered.  We all brought sweet and salty snacks.  A great time was had by all.

Here are the highlight pictures:

































































No comments: