Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Preparing For Our Next Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild Meeting

I'm trying to decide which book to bring to the KCMQG meeting next week.  We've been asked to bring a favorite quilting book that we use a lot.  This is a great one that has lots of information (basic to advanced) on a wide variety of quiltmaking topics.  


Another book I use often is: 

It's great if you like to make sampler quilts.  I enjoy making samplers because it helps me to learn and practice new techniques.  This book (and others by the same author with similar titles) gives you patterns for blocks and directions to make them in a variety of sizes.  Patterns are pretty straightforward and the layout of the book makes it easy to quickly find what you are looking for.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm a HUGE fan of the QUVG! I'm a very visual learner, and I've found it invaluable as I've been taking a beginning machine quilting class. The illustrations plus the excellent writing make this a must, IMO!