Sunday, January 02, 2011

My Cousin, Kristen

Here's a picture of my cousin, Kristen opening a new baby quilt for her little girl, Hallie, who is due May 1.  We'll be having a baby shower for her in a couple of months and for that, I'll be giving her a pink butterfly quilt like Parthena's.  It's not quite pieced yet, but I could finish the top in one sitting if I got serious.  I'm going to quilt it myself.  

But Hallie needed a gift under the tree too, so I made this one for her.  I'm happy to say that I used my stash for it!  I had some FQ's and a charm pack of "Oz" by Moda.  These fabrics really suit her.  I did free motion and straight line quilting on this.  Not sure if I got a close up picture of that or not, but I was really excited at the possibilities of quilting with my Bernina.

It was a merry Christmas for sure!

No comments: