Thursday, May 20, 2010

Accountability

I cannot quit cold turkey.

I admit it.

So how about I skip Flickr totally for a few days...

And how about I use you as my accountability partners, oh Internet people..?

Here's how I spent my day:

Up at 8:30.  Hard to get out of bed.  Up too late last night...  Hurried shower, dressed the boys, messy kitchen to tackle while making breakfast... grumpy kiddos...  Thomas the Tank Engine makes everything better...  Phone call from the in-laws, plans to drive out to Baldwin City to the John Deere Tractor dealership to get Owen (my youngest) a couple of birthday gifts.  He was uninterested in the kids' toys... but he was ALL OVER the big boy toys...


But big brother, Wyatt found LOTS of toys that he wanted...


Ultimately, I bought a John Deere DVD (one of our favorite things) and a big tractor.  My in-laws got Owen a new John Deere ball cap and an excavator.

It was raining.  A lot.  And it was lunch time, so we went to get some pizza... Owen fell asleep on the way home.  Too much excitement, I guess.  Got the boys to bed and helped my mother-in-law with a couple of things...  Then she left, so I decided to set a timer and work in my attic on some sewing.

Am trying to get blocks ready for a signature quilt for her anniversary party.  With about an hour's work this afternoon and another 20 minutes tonight, I finished the blocks!  Here are a couple of pictures:



I'm really happy with it!  These are all 5 inches.  Made from two charm packs.  Love them.  Must do this again for myself.

So then I did LOTS of laundry.  Washed the vintage sheets I got yesterday and folded them nicely.  I have a couple of ideas for them in mind...

Did Mexican food for dinner and it rained on us trying to get to the car to go home.  A lot.  And it's cold.  57 degrees.

Then the boys played with their daddy while I worked on more laundry (never ending)...  When everyone was tucked in, I decided that I could sew for a while...

Here are a couple other things I worked on tonight:


These are the potholders I'm working on for my potholder exchange at our June KCMQG meeting.  I love them.  Might have to make others because I want to keep them....

And I also worked some on my red scrappy quilt.  It's 120 inches by 66 inches.  Needs to be 100 x 120.  More than halfway there...



Then I decided I'd better call it a night... 

Went to check on Wyatt and found him sleeping in a pile of toys on the floor.  He always plays until he collapses...  Such a sweet little thing.



Long day.  Very tired.  Owen's birthday party this weekend... Family in town next weekend/anniversary party.  Busy times.  Hope I get another chance to sew in the next week... It's my therapy. :)

No comments: